My pair of Pekin Robins have just completed constructing a nest amongst the overhanging ever green brush in the aviary and laid 3 eggs! With the possibility of chicks falling out of the nest onto the aviary floor i constructed a wire “hammock” and hung it immediately under the nest! Now I am getting ready for the chicks to hatch in about 12 days by stocking up on mini & adult waxworms, frozen pinkies & buffalo worms and hopefully produce some Aliens (the pupae of the Darkling beetle) and some soft white skin mealworms (when the mealworm sheds its hard skin!!) and ensuring there is a dose if vitamin B to help the chicks on their way. Wish me luck!!
- THE B.K.A. HAVE PRODUCED A SMALL BOOKLET ON KEEPING BIRDS, IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY THE COST WOULD BE £1.50 INC POSTAGE. UK ONLY, BUY THOUGH PAY PAL OR BY CHEQUE PAYABLE TO THE B.K.A. February 3, 2020
- THE BEAUTIFUL GOUDIAN FINCH January 3, 2020
- CLEAN AND CLEAR CHECK MITE December 23, 2019
- FOR SALE BIRD CAGES £25 EACH 27 inch wide 10 deep and 13 high 4 left December 9, 2019
- MORE OF MARK BANISTERS BUDGIES December 6, 2019