Cannizaro Park Aviary (Phase 2)Ended!
The Friends of the Cannizaro Park is a registered charity run by volunteers to keep and maintain the gardens for the enjoyment of the thousands who visit the park every year.
At the entrance to the park is an aviary, the structure of which requires refurbishing and alterations. The aviary has been welcoming visitors for many years, but to meet the current objectives of implementing a controlled breeding programme (for birds which are declining due to the destruction of their natural habitats), the aviary needed immediate repairs.
The BKA has pledged to assist in this regard by raising funds to refurbish the aviary to provide a safe and secure space for controlled breeding programmes. This will assist birds that are declining due to the destruction of natural habitats.
[COMPLETED JULY 2019]
- Close the aviary for the purposes of refurbishment and find homes for the 100 birds which inhabited the aviary
- Carry out repairs on the aviary, including but not limited to, an electricity and water supply connected to the aviary
- Installation of acrylic clear boards to the aviary’s panels to ensure the birds are protected from all wind chill effects
- Construction of an ‘indoor’ flight cage
- Partition the existing aviary space into 3 separate compartments to ensure that species do not interbreed and to produce healthy young birds for future breeding programmes.
- Select a small variety of foreign birds, to not only interest the park visitors but to provide educational information regarding birds preserved and bred in captivity.
Total cost would be in the region of £3500
- Permission from the Local Council to expand the aviary on park land, to keep a larger variety of birds
- Expand aviary
A budget cost here would be in the region of £5000
Before Phase One:
After Phase One:
|Start Date||August 18, 2019|
|End Date||December 31, 2019|
|Time Remaining||The campaign ended 5 months, 4 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes, 30 seconds ago|